I thought it would be fun to do a quick post about how to get ready faster in the morning! We all have those days where we are running behind and need to speed it up. Or, perhaps, you just want more sleep! Here we go!
1. Shower at night! I know that a lot of people say it is not as hygienic, but it seriously saves a ridiculous about of time! Shower at night (shave, wash your hair, etc.), and then just do a fast rinse-off in the morning!
2. Do overnight hair styles! I usually sleep with my hair in a braid or just down and wet (as it is naturally curly) so that I don’t have to faff around with my hair for 15 minutes in the morning! French braids, I swear, are truly a woman’s best friend.
3. Keep your makeup in a bag! This, to some, may seem obvious. But if you keep a pouch with all of your every day products, you spend no time looking for them and can slap them on quickly! If you have your essentials close at hand, on those days when you’re in a rush, you can just breeze through your routine without having to scour your house for your mascara!
4. Simplify your makeup routine or use multipurpose products! If you can cut out a few steps of your makeup, then do! I often use a BB cream, concealer, eye brow pencil, blush, eyeshadow, mascara, and tinted lip balms on rushed mornings. I cut out primer, bronzer, highlighter, lipstick, and eye liner. You can also use your bronzer as a crease color and highlighter as a lid shade (saves money too!) or your lipstick as blush or your brow powder as an eye shadow or your concealer as foundation!
5. Listen to up beat music! I find that in silence, I tend to titter along and be sleepy and dream-like. I usually put on a few fast-paced, lively songs and try to keep myself moving rapidly. (Check out my Makeup Playlist series for some inspiration!) This also works as a kind of timer; I give myself a certain amount of time to do a task, like one song to pick my outfit, put it on, add perfume, and put on deodorant. It is just my way of staying on track!
I hope you find some of these tips helpful!