Autumnal makeup is unquestionably one of my favorite beauty ‘themes’ to follow. The season change brings with it warm, rich shades that spice up any aspect of your makeup, so here are a few of my favorite ways to bring the fall spirit into your look!
- A dark lip. It’s a classic. Pair a nice deep lip — a bold red or ox blood are my go tos — with a neutral or smokey eye for an instantly sexy look. I would really recommend looking at lip stains in lieu of lipsticks or lip glosses because the wear time is significantly better, and then you’re not paranoid about it rubbing off when you eat or drink.
- Metal eyes. I think that metal shades — gold, silver, copper, etc. — make a fantastic autumnal eye. Copper is definitely my shade of choice during this time of year because it pulls out the green in my eyes, but you can tailor it to your eye color and tastes! Presently, my favorite copper shades are MAC’s Mythology and the L’Oreal Infallible Eye Shadow in Amber Rush.
- Bright cheeks. Nothing screams chilly weather quite like a healthy flush on the cheeks, so now is the time to play that up and shoot for the wind-blown look! I really like MAC’s Breath of Plum for this.
- Cat eyes. For whatever reason, I feel like a smooth cat eye slick of winged liner just suits the season so well, and it’s a nice way to bump up the drama of your makeup without going overboard or taking you too far out of your comfort zone.
- Bold brows. Most especially when you’re doing a dark lip, bold brows are the way to go! They balance out the face, and when done properly (ie: not crayoned on cartoon brows) can be very youthful and beautiful. The brows frame the eyes and are just as an important a feature to play up as your eyes or anything else.
I hope these ideas give you some inspiration for the fall! Let me know what you’ve been doing with your makeup lately!