Good morning, my loves!
Happy Friday! It’s no secret that I’m a busy girl between work, college, and my personal life, I’m on the go constantly, which means that I spend a lot of time commuting (i.e. walking). I have always loved to listen to music and watch TV, but in the last year, I’ve really begun to gravitate towards a different media form — podcasts! There are literally tens of thousands of podcasts out there that are constantly releasing new episodes, and that can be a little overwhelming, so I thought I’d share my top five podcasts that I’ve been listening to as of late!
- Under the Skin with Russell Brand: This is unquestionably, hands down my favorite podcast! Russell Brand is an incredibly inspiring scholar and human being, and I love this podcast more than life itself. I haven’t missed an episode since it began earlier this year. The main theme of the podcast is big social, personal, life, global, and political issues (everything from climate change, to sexuality, to gun violence, to evolution, to philosophy, to capitalism). I WOULD HIGHLY RECOMMEND!
- The Daily: This is the weekday, morning podcast of the New York Times that details a specific, important event happening in the world and is about 25 minutes long. I listen to this podcast every morning when I’m doing my makeup and getting ready for class. I click play the moment I hop out of bed and start my morning off with the news!
- Anderson Cooper 360: This is just the audio version of Anderson Cooper’s CNN news broadcast, which is my favorite, pretty balanced (all things considered), and does a nice rap-up of all the most important current issues. I do, however, still read the newspaper most days! But this is great for when I’m just sipping on a cup of coffee on my patio and just want to relax before my day begins.
- The Heart of It with Estée Lalonde: This is a very new podcast, but the first four episodes discussing important and interesting issues close to Estée’s and many women’s hearts have been captivating, raw, honest, and, relatable.
- My Dad Wrote A Porno: This is literally a guy and his friends reading the slutty porno novel his father (still married to his mother) wrote and commenting on it as they go. It’s absolutely gut-busting and hilarious! Perfect for a bad day or when you just wanna smile! I used to listen to this while I opened the café I worked at at 3:50 in the morning and all the time to keep my spirits up in traffic jams.
What podcasts have caught your attention?