I know I did one of these last year, but I thought I’d do another one because they’re really quite fun to write, and it is — tragically and horrifyingly — that time of the year again!
We all want to look presentable and polished for exams, and, you know, not dead and zombie-like. Here are my tips for a put-together, quick-to-do look for exams!
1. BB/CC cream – It is significantly faster and much less hassle than proper foundation, not to mention more comfortable to wear throughout the course of the day. My favorite is the Lumen Time Freeze CC Cream.
2. Concealer – Let’s face it: not enough sleep and stress-overload leads to harrowing dark circles and unpleasant breakouts. Concealer will be your best pal during exams!
3. Powder – You don’t want to be shiny while you study! Plus this helps avoid bothersome touch-ups during the day and will keep your makeup in place for those late-night cram sessions.
4. Blush – You’re probably going to look a little lifeless due to tiredness and stress, so blush will help to wake up your face. My current obsession is MAC’s Sheertone Blush in Breath of Plum.
5. Brow Powder – Run this through your brows lightly so that you look more ‘together’ and frame the eyes in a really fast step.
6. Cream Eye Shadow – This is totally optional, but if you want to look like you actually put a bit of time into your (otherwise probably haggard) appearance, run a little bit of cream eye shadow over your lids. It takes virtually no time and you look a little bit more ‘done.’ My favorite is Maybelline Color Tattoo in Bad to the Bronze!
7. Mascara – If you do nothing else, use mascara. It wakes your eyes up and makes you look much more alive. I am loving Rimmel Scandaleyes in the LycraFlex version for bold, fat, thick lashes.
8. Lip Balm – Don’t bother with lip products that you’ll have to touch up continuously. Lip balm, possibly tinted for a hint of color, will be your saving grace!
I hope this helps you save some time and feel pretty during exam week, which basically sucks on all other accounts. The entire routine takes about five t0 seven minutes and looks super nice and polished!