I realize that I haven’t done one of these in ages! But I do love me a good music playlist for getting ready in the morning and these are the beats I’ve been grooving to in the last few weeks!
1. Cake By the Ocean – DNCE: This song is just so catchy! I can’t help but sing along!
2. Knockin’ on Heaven’s Door – Guns ‘n’ Roses: I’ve always loved this song, and Guns ‘n’ Roses is one of my all-time favorite groups, but it’s really resonating with me as of late and I can’t seem to stop playing in the car and on my guitar.
3. Mountain at My Gates – Foals: This alternative, rocked-up tune is nothing short of infectious and it puts me in a great mood!
4. Wildest Dreams – Taylor Swift: I haven’t been the biggest fan of Taylor Swift’s new music, but for some reason, I actually really like this one!
5. Sultans of Swing – Dire Straits: A classic! Dire Straits is one of those bands that you can never really stop liking in my opinion! This song has some amazing guitar and solo work too!
6. Valerie – Amy Winehouse: I actually remembered how much I loved this song when I heard a rendition of it at a local coffee house late on a Saturday night a few weeks ago. It just sticks and Amy Winehouse’s music just gets me every time.
7. I Believe in a Thing Called Love – The Darkness: Not gonna lie… I found this song watching Lip Sync Battles on YouTube, and Gregg Sulkin’s version of this song was really funny and I liked the tune. Nonetheless, it’s been at the top of all my playlists recently!
8. Angel – Theory of a Deadman: This has to be one of my favorite songs, and Theory of a Deadman is a must in any playlist of mine!
9. Human – Civil Twilight: Slow and steady describes this song to a tee. It’s a sweet, slow tune that it’s also a little sad and a little haunting, and sometimes a girl wants that when she’s applying her mascara!
10. Eminence Front – The Who: This song never gets old. ‘Nuff said.
I know it’s a bit of an eclectic set of songs, but honestly, my musics tastes swing all along the spectrum! I hope you enjoy listening to a few of these great tunes! What songs have you been jamming to?