You know what time it is! Here are the songs I’ve been jamming out to as of late!
- Atlas Hands (Benjamin Francis Leftwich) – The person I’m currently seeing showed me this song a while back, and I just adore it. It’s beautiful acoustic guitar and sweet lyrics are so relaxing to listen to when I’m getting ready in the morning. The whole album ‘Last Smoke Before the Snowstorm’ is amazing.
2. Towers (Bon Iver) – I’ve just been riding the Bon Iver train all month with no intention of getting off. This song is just gorgeous and very unique. Skip to 1:35 in the music video for the actual song to start.
3. Skinny Love (Bon Iver) – I know most of you are probably familiar with the version of this song by Birdy, but I actually prefer his.
4. Hold My Head Above the Water (Quiet Company) – This tune is just utterly wonderful, and it puts me in such a fantastic mood. Ugh, just lovely!
5. Waves (Mr. Probz) – I like this version far more than the popped up radio version, but the song just sort of flows and incorporates a lot of really nice acoustic elements.
6. Let Me Blow Ya Mind (Eve) – This is a love it or hate it kind of song, but I think it’s some bloody catchy rap!
7. Born As Ghosts (Rage Against the Machine) – This rock metal mix is just awesome! The slick, heavy guitar riffs just pump the whole tune up. Plus RATM has been a favorite of mine for years!
8. My Friends (Red Hot Chili Peppers) – Everything is perfect. It’s the Red Hot Chili Peppers! Need I say more?
9. Three Cheers for Five Years (Mayday Parade) – This is another song that the guy I’m dating (I’m keeping his name out for his privacy) showed me, and it’s just so damn good.
10. Monster (Kanye West) – I’m a little ashamed to admit how much I like this song. It’s awesome for squats, boxing, running, and just about any other “power through” sort of activity, and I honestly think the lyrics are really clever.
I hope you guys dig these songs as much as I do. Also, let me know if you like me including the videos for you or if you prefer it the old way!