Makeup playlist is happening yet again! Here we go with my jams for September!
- Say It, Just Say It (The Mowgli’s) – I mentioned this group last month, but I’m still just rocking out their folksy pseudo-pop!
- I Am (Hands Like Horses) – This is pretty hard rock, but I’ve got tickets to see Hands of Horses and Our Last Night (my favorite band of all time) for November and I truly cannot wait!
- A-Punk (Vampire Weekend) – This is literally from 2008, but I rediscovered this song and can’t seem to stop playing it in the mornings or on the elliptical.
- Smooth (Santana) – John Oliver mentioned this song in a skit a few days ago, and once I found it again…
- Verge (Owl City) – This was actually my graduation song, but I still like to listen to it in the car with the windows rolled down!
- 1901 (Phoenix) – I just found this Indie band, and I have to say I’m enjoying a lot of their stuff, especially considering that I’m not normally into that type of music.
- Slow Dancing in a Burning Room (John Mayer) – I’m still loving this song so much, particularly the live version which I’ve included below for your listening pleasure! The guitar (which I recently learned) is just delicious and sexy.
- This Charming Man (Death Cab For Cutie) – This quaint rock song is a little edgier for DCFC but I’m digging it.
- Make Up Your Mind (Theory of a Dead Man) – Another one of my favorite bands, but I’ve really been feeling this tune as of late, and their acoustic versions are heart-wrenchingly beautiful.
- Everlong Acoustic Version (Foo Fighters) – If it’s possible, this is even better than the original version.
I hope you all enjoy these songs and let me know what you’ve been listening to in the comments!