Those who know me or have been following me for a long time will know that I live for a good cup of tea. I thought I’d take a second to share a few of my long-time favorites.
- Stash Lemon Ginger Tea: This is my favorite tea, hands down! It’s light and refreshing, and it helps with numerous digestive problems and nausea if that ever hits you. It’s just the perfect herbal blend that has a little zip to it, and I end my day with a cup of this whenever possible. If I’m sick, I add fresh lemon, a cough drop, and a capful of whiskey to soothe a sore throat.
- Trader Joe’s English Breakfast Tea: I LOVE English breakfast tea, but this blend is particularly nice. It’s heavy on bergamot, and it honestly has the same wake-up effect as a cup of coffee for me. It’s somewhere in the realm of $3 for about 100 tea bags, which is a steal, and you’ll love every single cup. I’m drinking it as we speak (write?)! I always mix in a little sweetener and milk (I add milk to virtually all black teas).
- Bigelow Earl Gray Tea: I have more than a little love for bergamot, and this particular blend of earl gray is my all-time favorite! I actually prefer the caffeine-free version because I tend to like the flavor of earl gray close to bedtime. It’s soothing and reminds me of cold winter nights.
- Tazo Zen Tea: This is a delicious green tea with spearmint and lemongrass that is just delectable and incredibly refreshing. It’s great hot or iced, and the dose of caffeine is just enough to keep you going through a long day without feeling jittery. During the summer months, I often start my day with a tall glass of this iced tea with a little bit of lemon in it.
- Celestial Seasonings Sleepytime Tea: This richly minty herbal tea is perfect for winding down after a long day or for when I can’t fall asleep at night. It’s a relaxing blend that is really mentally and physically calming, and anytime I have a cup I feel a little more centered.
These are just a handful of my favorites, and I hope you enjoy a couple of them!