Most girls I know carry some sort of purse, handbag, something. I thought I would share the essentials that I always keep in my purse in hopes of helping my fellow females!
1. Cell phone, charger, and headphones – I don’t go anywhere without these because I use them all so frequently. I know not everyone carries headphones, but I recommend that you do because they do wonders in loud places or if you just want to listen to music or a phone call better.
2. Wallet – If I have to explain the use of a wallet to you, you have issues.
3. Pen and paper – I carry StickyNotes and a pen (with a closed cap) so that I always have something to jot notes down on it. You’d be surprised how often I have to use these.
4. Mini hand sanitizer – There are germs in the world.
5. Hand cream or lotion – This is super helpful for if your hands, elbows, legs, etc., are feeling dry or looking dragon-y. I have a few little baby hand creams, but I tend to go through them rather quickly. I picked up one of the refillable tubes (3 oz) and started filling it with my favorite lotion because it is more cost effective, as hand cream can get really pricey, and fits in any handbag.
6. Breath mints or gum – You never know when you are going to eat something like onions that will leave your breath terrible, so it is best to keep a canister of mints or a pack of gum on hand at all times.
7. Feminine products – You never know when Mother Nature is going to strike and it is better to be prepared for when that hurricane rolls into town for you or a friend.
8. Sunglasses – I live in a very sunny, hot climate and as much as I advocate sunscreen (you can read all about it here), it is just as important to protect your eyes from harmful UV rays. Sunglasses are also proven to lessen the odds of developing cataracts.
9. Flashlight – I keep a little baby flashlight with me just in case of emergencies.
10. Hair ties, bobby pins, clips – These are all great in emergencies, on bad hair days, when the wind picks up, or when you just want your hair up and off your neck.
11. Mini makeup bag – I carry a miniature makeup bag in my purse with a few of my essentials. I carry my Physician’s Formula Conceal RX (you can read my review here) for touch ups, my Burt’s Bees Beeswax Lip Balm, my Revlon Lip Butter in the color Raspberry Pie (this is a great multipurpose color because it can be worn very sheerly or full on for very different looks), a perfume roller ball, a mini toothbrush and toothpaste (I am a bit of a hygiene freak), and eye liner for if I need it or want to amp up my look.
12. Eye lash curler – I use this all the time! I keep a cheap lash curler in my purse for when my lashes really need a boost. Just the one simple step and you instantly look more awake and your eyes are brightened and brought out.
3. Comb or mini brush – This is essential for if your hair gets knotted, if you want to smooth out a style, or if you are trying to put it up in a way that makes you look human. You can even carry a mini hair spray if you wanted to go the extra mile!
I hope that you all found a few helpful tid bits in this article that you will utilize for your own handbag. Let me know what you carry in your purse in a comment!