So, as I’ve recently begun to try to simplify my routines and keep my products minimal, I’ve been on the hunt for a face product that covered all my bases. Admittedly, that’s asking a lot from one product, especially because I don’t just want coverage, but also hydration, and those two traits don’t always keep the same company.
My primary skin concerns are discoloration/scarring from spots in the past, the occasional blemish (I’m going to post an updated skin care routine on my channel soon), and my tremendously awful dark circles; unfortunately, all these little problems are paired with dry skin that is finicky, wrathful, reactive, and sensitive. Now I ask, what is a girl to do? I was really tired of slaving through a long routine with a foundation, spot concealer, under eye corrector, and the like. I wanted fast, simple, and effective.
I do believe I’ve found the solution to this little kerfuffle: the Kevin Aucoin Sensual Skin Enhancer. This little bad boy is the bee’s knees and I’m digging it recently. Let me begin by saying it’s a little expensive — $48 — but it’s about the only face product you’ll ever need. Trust me on this. It’s also a small jar of about 0.6 oz, which seems minuscule. Those facts in tandem paint an annoying, overpriced, undervalued picture. Until you realize that you need almost no product whatsoever to achieve any level of coverage. A pea sized drop is about 10x too much. — I learned that the hard way, if you were curious.
This product is basically an all-in-one sort of deal.
- You can mix a dot of it with your moisturizer to create a tinted moisturizer.
- You can add a dot of it to your normal foundation/tinted moisturizer to bump up the coverage (seriously, this stuff amps that up real quick).
- You can apply it all over for a completely full coverage makeup.
- You can apply this as a spot concealer.
- You can use this under your eyes as a concealer/corrector (I like mixing a tiny bit in with my eye cream to make it super hydrating.
Now, as for the basic specs, here we go!
- Long-wearing (this stuff isn’t going to move a single micrometer)
- Best applied with your fingers, a damp makeup sponge, or a fine point concealer brush (DO NOT slap this one with a foundation brush — you won’t be pleased with the results)
- 0.63 fl oz for $48
- Available online or in most department stores (neither Sephora nor Ulta carries it)
- Flawless coverage
- The tiniest amount (I’m not joking when I say it will take me two or more years to go through even most of the jar) goes a really long way
- Somewhat dewy finish, but my mother — who has incredibly oily skin — has no trouble with this, so long as she sets it with a bit of powder to ward off the shine. Even then, it’s really only for mattifying purposes because this little miracle product won’t budge
- Really natural and healthy-looking if applied properly
- Beautiful packaging
In general, this stuff is my new bread and butter. I could bring only this face product on a vacation (or forever) and not feel the need to reach for anything else. I usually apply small amount to cover any redness and my undereye bags with a small crease brush before using my fingers to work the product gently into my skin. I also sometimes mix this with my Lumen CC cream to amp up the coverage on days when I want to wear real makeup (ie: dinners out, etc.). I have to say that I am absolutely shell-shocked with how much I love the KASSE and I would highly recommend it to everyone. It’s well worth the price tag and I won’t need another one for years.
New Holy Grail? I think yes.